The Romagnolo Family

The Romagnolo Family

Sunday, February 7, 2016

More Post Race Thoughts

     My thoughts keep going back to my race yesterday.  This one felt so different from my first race last month (The Hotcake Hustle).  There were so many more people participating in this race.  We even started in corrals.  This was a good thing because I accidentally left my friend Allison's Bib number in my car and had to run (literally) all the way back to my car to get it.  I thought for sure that I was not going to make it through the race because I was already running before the race had even started.  We got back to the starting line after the race had started but we were able to join in with another corral. There were many more walkers at this race.  I noticed that I had to weave in and out of the walkers more this race.  Since I had already got my run on (Ha!) before the race started, I decided to make sure that I kept my pace slow and steady.  I tried really hard to focus on the music.  Fortunately my exercise playlist did just the right "shuffle" this race.  My goal was to try to run the first 10 minutes without stopping.  I have also used the app, MayMyRun when I run outside or race. Before I knew it, the MapMyRun app interrupted my song to tell me that I had run a mile.  I hadn't stopped yet!  I told myself to keep pushing and keep my pace slow and steady.  When I heard the app tell me that I had run 2 miles, I decided to push all the way to the end.  I wanted my big brother to be proud of me.  He is a big runner and has encouraged me in my new endeavor.  I also wanted to be proud of myself at the end.  I beat my Hotcake Hustle race time by about a minute.  I ran/walked that race.  Now, my goal is to pick up my pace and keep running the whole race.
     There is something about running with others.  It was so much fun to run with so many.  There were people of all shapes and sizes in both races.  I was asked after my first race if it was so much fun.  I told my friend that it was fun before and after, not really during.  This time I can say that I truly enjoyed the whole experience.  When I've been "training", it's been by myself.  Running with so many others of all ages was awesome!  I have one month to get ready for my next run, the Color Run.  I'm excited about this one because some of my students will be running it with me. My dream is to be able to do the Disney races in Disney World and Disneyland.  The only thing holding me back are expenses...those cost a little more.  It will happen though.
     I wouldn't consider myself a "runner" now, but I love this year of change.  I am still one tired mama, but between my Beachbody "Hammer and Chisel" workouts and my races, I am seeing awesome changes in my body.  Remember, be stronger than your excuses!!!  If you want something bad enough, you'll make it a priority.  What are your priorities?







No comments:

Post a Comment