The Romagnolo Family

The Romagnolo Family

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

The Year of Running...

     This year has become "the year of running" for me.  My slogan used to be, "I only run if someone is chasing me!"  Not anymore.  Back at the beginning of February I posted about my first race.  I started running by a fluke.  Now, I have the running bug.  Since January I have run 4 5k's, an 8k and 2 10k's.  I am also registered for 3 1/2 marathons (What?).  The races that I am most excited about are my runDisney races coming up in November.  I will be running the 5k, 10k and 1/2 marathon at runDisney's Wine and Dine 1/2 marathon.  Mia will be running the 400 M Dash (she is not a fan of running) and Lyla will be running the 1 mile run.  I am super excited, because Lyla-Boo just ran her first 1 mile run all by herself a week and a half ago.  She was very excited to earn her first medal.






I am especially excited about this Saturday.  Lyla and I will be doing a 5k together.  We'll probably walk most of it, but I want to see how she holds up through it.  If we make it through, I'll sign her up to do the 5k with me at the Princess Half Marathon in February 2017.
     I've noticed that the 5k races are becoming easier for me.  I've gone from running them in 38 minutes to 34 minutes.  The key has been in consistent training.  I've become a big fan of Jeff Galloway's run/walk method.  Having accountability has also been key for me.  I have found a great group of runners that love Disney just as much as me.  We encourage and push each other.  If you are looking for some tips on running, check out my friends over at Joyful Miles.  They have some great tips.  Don't let fear stop you from trying something new.  I never thought that I'd be considered a runner.  Look at me today!  The mental and physical accomplishments that I have made has been amazing.  When I started this journey my brother had told me how great the running community was.  He wasn't kidding.  I have met so many wonderful people (in person and virtually).  Thank you Kelly Hall for pushing me to start this journey!  
Color Run with my "Skinny" friend, Allison
Color Run with my friend Joe
                           

Color Run March 2016

My very first 10k.


Virtual 5k Race (I did it on one of my training days)

Plano Pacers 8k

Run Like A Mother May 2016






Rock the Block with my new Disney-loving friend, Kelly
Rock the Block 10k, May 2016
My friend, Vanessa
My beautiful Skinnies, Allison and Kelly






2 comments:

  1. Love your post with all the aspects if your journey. The pictures are fantastic. My favorite takeaway is your comment, "Don't let fear stop you from trying something new"...run on...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vanessa for all of your encouragement! I loved running my second 10k with you!

      Delete