The Romagnolo Family

The Romagnolo Family

Saturday, October 21, 2017

Confessions From A Mama Part 2

     Hello Everyone!  As promised, here is part 2 of "Confessions From a Mama".  😃  If you missed part 1, you can find it here.  I started my fitness journey in January of 2015.  At that time I weighed 177 pounds.  Over the next year and a half I lost 24 pounds.  Well, this past spring I started to change my workouts.  I was focused more on running and less on strength training.  By June of this year, I was back up to 163.  We were on the road so much this summer.  Even though I ran while I was at my friends and families homes, I still ate like food was going out of style.  We spent about 3 weeks at Disney on the dining plan.  That was a LOT of food.  There was also NO working out while we were at Disney.  No, all the walking did not off set my eating.  😂  I am ashamed to say that when I weighed myself last week, I was back up to 177.  Agh!  How did that happen?  Why is this so hard?
     I'm so upset with myself.  It's so easy to let our guard down and slowly lose momentum or control.  I have two choices now.  I can sit here and feel sorry for myself and say "screw it", or I can get it back under control.  I've chosen to be open, share where I've dropped the ball and ask for accountability so that I can get it back under control.  I have 3 friends specifically that I've opened up to and we check in with each other every day.  On Sundays I'm making a workout plan for the week and sending it to them.  I am also tracking everything in MyFitnessPal and letting my friends know how I do each day.  I NEED this accountability.  I've learned that I fall apart if I don't have it.  So far this week, I've stuck to my workout plan (well I still have to do todays 😂 ).  Since I first weighed in last week, I am down about 4 pounds.  I know that this weight gain is part of the reason that my running time has gotten slower.  I also have been lazy in my strength training.  It is so important for runners to have strength, especially in their legs and core.
     I used to post workout videos all of the time on social media.  I've stopped doing that too.  Well, not only did so many people tell me that it motivated them, but I think that it helped hold me accountable.  So, I'll be back to posting these too.  Woo-hoo!  😃   I've had to start making smart choices again.  If you know me, you know that one of my favorite parts about this time of year is...Pumpkin JoeJoes from Trader Joes.  A few weeks ago, we bought several boxes of them.  I have put the last two boxes in our freezer.  There have been many times this week that I have been craving them.  The thing that saved me was that they were in my freezer.  I didn't want to eat them frozen or wait for them to thaw out.
     This is a journey.  Life is a journey.  We all have our hills and valleys.  I'm going to keep pressing forward and take one day at a time.  I hope that you will continue on this journey with me.  If you are struggling too, know that you are NOT alone.  Here are some tips for you:

  1. Admit and acknowledge where you've messed up.  
  2. Find accountability.  
  3. Make a plan.  
  4. Put the plan into action.  
   I'd love to hear your thoughts!  Be sure to follow my journey on social media:





Be sure to follow along.  I have a part 3 of "Confessions From A Mama" that will be coming up in the future.  I know, I'm a hot mess.  😄  Aren't we all though?

Until Then,

Ann

Update:  Here was today's workout. 😄


No comments:

Post a Comment