The Romagnolo Family

The Romagnolo Family

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

WDW Marathon Weekend Expo




Hi all!
We are back from Disney and slowly getting back into our routine.  I am still processing Marathon Weekend.  There was so much going on and it seemed to go so fast!!  We ended up taking a later flight this trip.  Since we were getting in later this time around, I sent our main suitcase with our friend Meredith who had an earlier flight and it was non-stop, so that when we got to our resort, our luggage would be waiting for us in our resort room.  Thank you Southwest for letting 2 bags fly free!!




Our plane got in close to 6:00 pm.  I didn't want to risk us getting backed up with Magical Express, so we took our first ever Uber Ride.  This girl watches way too much Criminal Minds, so I may have been a little nervous.  ๐Ÿ˜‚ Our driver was awesome and a Vet, so I got to hear about his military days.  He drove us straight to the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex.  This is where the runDisney Expo is.  We got there a little after 7:00 pm and the Expo closed at 8:00 pm, so we didn't have a lot of time.  We went (with our carry ons) to pick up all of our bibs and race shirts.  I had chosen the wrong size for my race shirts, so we also went to exchange my shirts for a different size.  That was super easy.  It was cold outside and some of the bib pick ups were outside, so we didn't stay long.  My girls were such troopers.  Usually we linger at the Expo and take TONS of fun pictures.  We hadn't had dinner yet, so we didn't stay too long at the Expo.  I didn't even go in the building where they were selling runDisney merchandise.  We did make sure that we stopped to get a picture with Jeff Galloway.  Mia asked me "What's the big deal about getting a picture with him?"  ๐Ÿ˜‚  Jeff has been the one that has gotten me through my two years of running with his run/walk/run method.



I'm a little sad that I didn't get a chance to really explore at the Expo this time around and say hi to some of my favorite vendors.  I did shout an "I love Sparkle Athletics" as we walked by their booth.  ๐Ÿ˜‚  After we got our picture with Jeff, we headed to the buses to hop on the bus our resort, Old Key West.  The Romagnolo girls were STARVING, so we grabbed our dinner from "Goods to Go" at our resort and took it to our room to eat and unpack.  Old Key West is our home resort for DVC.  I never stayed there until last February during Princess Weekend.  I LOVE it!  The Cast Members are awesome and the rooms are huge!  It is also very close to Epcot and the start and finish lines for the races, so you have a shorter wait.  They also got us an air mattress so that my girls didn't have to sleep on the floor.  They were super excited about that!

Even though we didn't get to do a lot of what we normally do our first day there, we were happy to be at Disney and on Thursday morning I would be reuniting with my people.  Since I head a wake up call of 2:30 am (yikes), we were in bed soon after we ate.  Stay tuned for more to come about our weekend and the races.  

Flat Ann for the 5K


No comments:

Post a Comment