The Romagnolo Family

The Romagnolo Family

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Week 12: The Year of Change - Post Spring Break



            I can’t believe that it’s only been 12 weeks on this journey so far.  It feels like so much longer.  Spring Break was great!  The girls and I had a great time!  They loved spending time with their Poppy and Nana and our side trip to Disney was a blast!  Well, I promised that I’d share the good bad and ugly with you, so here is a summary of what we ate at Disney. 

We always have to get our Dole Whips!!

Lunch at our Resort. 

Don't worry, I shared this croissant donut!

The girls' salad.  They weren't interested, but I was.

Pizza at Via Napoli's in Italy at Epcot.

Dessert - Tiramisu.

Cupcakes for dessert on our last day at Magic Kingdom (Be Our Guest for lunch).

Turkey sandwich at Be Our Guest.  It was yummy!

We brought a few souveniours back with us.  They're gone now.      
   




This was our "we don't want to leave Disney" faces.

Winnie the Pooh!



Mommy actually rode the Carousel too!


This trip was magical, as always.  We got to ride this car up and down Main Street.

I love these girls so much!! 

I could visibly see the difference in my weight from those two trips.

Morning workout on my Dad's back porch.

           Once we were back to my Dad’s, we made better choices food-wise.  We had a great time at my Dad’s, we got to go out on his boat twice.  This single mom was also very spoiled!  They cooked for us and did our laundry.  It was amazing!  This NEVER happens!  I was sooooo grateful.  J

            Now, the trip home…I didn’t plan like I did for the trip out (at least not for the second day). I did well on the rode the first day, but dinner was a disaster.  We stopped in Mississippi on Saturday night and our hotel happened to be super close to a movie theatre.  That was perfect for us to catch the new Cinderella!!  We stopped to get dinner first.  It wasn’t a great experience and we ended up having to leave without dinner.  So, our dinner that night was popcorn and soft pretzels.  For lunch on Sunday we went through a Wendy’s drive-thru.   I felt super GROSS after that rode trip.  Needless to say, the first stop that we made when we got back in town was to store to get some groceries and had rotisserie chicken, sweet potatoes, broccoli, & salad for dinner that night!  Yum!




            So…I ended up gaining 2 pounds during the week, but I also think that some of that is that I don’t drink as much water when I’m driving so that I don’t have to stop as much.  Oh, I also did drink some diet soda during the trip.  By the end of this week though, I was back down those 2 pounds.  Sadly though, I haven’t done that great this weekend.  I had to work 6 days this week and by the time that I left school yesterday I was so exhausted that I didn’t feel like making the good choices.  Let’s just say that Girl Scout cookies were eaten.  J  Don’t worry, we made another trip to the store today and we have good eating plans for the week. 

            I have been consistent in my workouts though.  I will say that for the past few years when I start out with a new exercise & eating regime in January, I usually end up quitting by the time Spring Break rolls around.  This is the first time in years that I not only worked out several times during Spring Break, but that I picked up right where I left off when I came back in town.  I know for sure that this time is different.  I do want you to understand something though…my dedication has nothing to do with me.  It is not MY own strength.  Jesus is giving me the strength every day to make better choices and to be committed to working out.  His Word pushes me.  His Word tells us to take care of our bodies.  I am only trying to be obedient to Him and to be more like Him.  It’s a day by day process. 

            I’ll be out of town this coming weekend chaperoning a choir trip to New York.  It’s a crazy week this week too because we have UIL and I have to get my girls ready to stay with friends and then get myself ready for the trip.  This is a stressful time of year.  It’s non-stop from now until June.  This will be a true test of my endurance and strength.  I’ll keep you updated! J Oh, and be sure to check out my Youtube page if you want to see what some of the workouts look like.  You can get there by clicking here.


           
Ann


1st day back to routine!









           

No comments:

Post a Comment