The Romagnolo Family

The Romagnolo Family

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Disney's Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2016-10K

I was so ready and excited for day one of the Lumiere's Challenge.  Unfortunately, Angie and I had the same luck with the buses as we had the day before on the way to the 5K.  Yes, we had to wait another 30 minutes for the bus that we had just missed.  Boo!  No worries though.  We got to the race with plenty of time to spare.  We didn't have any time for pre-race pictures with characters though.  That's okay because we made up for it during the race!



For this race, Angie and I were in Corral C.  We had a plan for this race.  Angie would run ahead (she's so good at weaving around other runners and she is fast!) and save us a spot in line for pictures with the characters. Our plan worked great!  I was never too far behind her and she didn't have to wait in line long before I caught up to her.  I had so much fun in this race.  The route took us along some highway, World Showcase in Epcot, and the Boardwalk.  We were able to stop for EVERY character!  Woo-hoo!  







It was amazing getting to do this race!  I got to meet so many runners from my running group during this weekend.  The course was fun and there were so many character stops along the way.  This race has made me even more excited for the Princess Half Marathon in February.  Running with friends is definitely the best too!






Note to self though...when you are running a race with a friend, make sure that you are either side by side with them while crossing the finish line, or make sure that you are well behind them.  This is what happens if you don't.



Baahaa!  I laugh every time that I see these pictures.  After we got our medals, we headed over to Kona Cafe for some TONGA TOAST!!!




We spent that afternoon at Hollywood Studios and then met some of my sweet friends at Ohana's for a Pre-Race Dinner for before the Half Marathon.  Nothing beats friends and good food.  After dinner I headed back to the resort for a good & longer night's sleep (thank you daylights savings).  







Did you run in the 10K?  What did you think of it?  Be sure to check out my YouTube page for video recaps of the races.  If you'd like to read more about the runDisney Races, check out my friends at Joyful Miles and their YouTube page.



No comments:

Post a Comment