The Romagnolo Family

The Romagnolo Family

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Disciplined and A Little Bit of Faithful

     This week kind of flew by.  It feels so good to be feeling more like myself and also digging in the Word every day.  This week's character traits are Disciplined and Faithful.  I haven't quite finished Faithful, but I'm close.  This is the first study that I remember ever doing that really digs into the life of Jesus and who He is and what His life was really about.  I feel like I am getting to know Him even more.

     I thought that it was so fitting that one of the traits this week was Disciplined.  Here I am in my "Year of Change" and I get to study more about being disciplined,  Many of the ladies in my Challenge Group (accountability group) began their journey this week.  How fitting that "disciplined" would come up this week.  This chapter in the book encouraged me because it reminded me that I can always turn to Jesus when I am struggling or under attack.  He knows what it's like to endure spiritual attack.  In Matthew 4:1-11, Jesus faced three types of temptation:
1.  Physical Needs & Desire
2.  Possessions & Power
3.  Pride
He did not give in.  He used Scripture to refute everything that Satan threw at Him.  Wow!  Do I know God's Word that well?  One of my biggest struggles (to be honest, I struggle in all 3 of those areas) is FOOD!  I have learned over the past 7 weeks that being consistently in His Word and in an accountability group is really helping.  My prayer is that when I am in any kind of temptation, that I will stop to evaluate what's going on and to pray and give it to Jesus.  This is a hard one for me.  I tend to react first, evaluate later.  Ugh!  I love this quote by Elizabeth George:

"Maintaining spiritual disciplines is a choice.  
You choose to do what you believe is important."

So true!!  This can be said for every area of our life too, even relationships.  You make time for the things that are important to you.  
     
     I enjoyed the story of David, Nabal, & Abigail.  Abigail was very humble and calm in her approach and words to David.  She had quickly assessed the situation and came up with a solution.  She didn't let her emotions get the best of her.  I fail in that area a lot!  I want to get in the habit of praying about EVERY decision.  I also don't want to become like Eve and doubt God's goodness.  I want to dwell on His MANY blessings.  

     The character trait of Faithful reminded us that Jesus was faithful in all that He did.  He took care of His family and friends and He obeyed His Father.  I want to be faithful with all that God has given me.  


1 Timothy 3:11 lists 4 qualities that God desires from me:

1.  For me to be worthy of respect
2.  For me not to be a malicious talker
3.  For me to be temperate
4.  For me to be trustworthy in everything

     In Luke 18:1, Jesus told His disciples that "they should always pray and not give up."  This quote from Elizabeth George got me:

“Like the Lord, you have a busy life, important events that require your time and energy, people who need your prayers, and maybe even a few enemies.”

Wow!  How easily do we forget that Jesus’ life was busy, non-stop, and constant?  Yet He always found time to be intentional in His prayer life, in how He treated others, etc.  Let’s just stop and think about that for a minute.  No really, think about it.  I’ll be right here when you’re done…

Mark 1:16-39 describes what a day looked like for Jesus.  In all of the craziness, He made sure that His heart and Spirit were quiet and that He connected with His Father.  Y’all…I want to be like that!  I’ll just keep taking one day at a timeand keep picking myself up when I fall.  It’s a process just like my weight loss journey.  J 


Next week, I’ll finish up Faithful and talk about Focused.  As mamas, don’t forget your calling in this world.  We are called to be Faithful with what He has blessed us with and number one on that list are our children.  Be intentional this week in your words, action and time!  From my family to yours, I hope that you have a blessed week!








Until next time,

Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment