The Romagnolo Family

The Romagnolo Family

Saturday, December 10, 2016

Confessions From A Tired Mama

If you haven't figured it out yet, I am one tired mama.  ๐Ÿ˜€  For some reason this has been a really exhausting month.  Maybe it was the excitement of training and prepping for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon.  Then, in the blink of an eye it was over.  This whole school year has been weird.  I am ready for summer all ready.  I don't know why.  Don't get me wrong.  I am loving my students this year.  I am excited to see what our spring will be like.  I know that I am not the only teacher that is feeling the same way right now.  So many of my teacher friends are frustrated with this year.  I can't put my finger on it.  I try not to feel sorry for myself, because I chose this life.  I know of many single moms didn't chose to do this alone.  This is the path (for now) that God has had me follow.  Some moms aren't blessed to have a great support system like I am.  I know that I am not the only tired mama out there.

Tomorrow is my last (& 3rd) half marathon for 2016.  I'm usually so excited for my races.  I'm just not feeling it for this one though.  I'm even dreading it a little.  I'm also feeling some anxiety over it.  13.1 miles seems so daunting right now.  I know that it's because I'm so tired right now.  This past week has been so crazy with only Sunday & Wednesday night off.  The one thing that is making me a LITTLE excited about this race is that I get to run it with my sweet friend Allison and we are both in the same Corral.

I am thankful the weather will be warmer.  It's supposed to be in the 50's.  This past week has been in the 30's.  I am just ready to sleep for like a week.  One more week of school and then we are off for 2 weeks.  I am also ready to get back into my strength training routine.  I have slacked off a little with it this semester.  I still do it at least once a week, but I want to bring it back to where it was last spring.  I'm looking forward to getting started on that this upcoming week.  After my Hot Chocolate Run next week, I'm going to ease up on running for 2 weeks and focus more on my strength training.

I'll be doing a LOT of self motivating talks to myself tomorrow morning.  It's actually when I'm running that I start thinking of different things to blog about.  ๐Ÿ˜€   Running has become very inspiring for me.  It was during some runs over the summer that I came up with our theme for our Pop Show that will be this upcoming spring.  ๐Ÿ˜€  Hopefully I will be equally inspired during tomorrow's run.  I just want to do well.



I am ready for a quiet schedule for awhile too.  My girls and I have been enjoying evenings of quiet and devotional time before bed.  I'm looking forward to normal bedtimes this week and to be back in our routine.

How do you handle it when things get busy and you are exhausted?  Take care of your self mama!  Your kiddos need a healthy you!


No comments:

Post a Comment