The Romagnolo Family

The Romagnolo Family

Saturday, December 10, 2016

Teacher Gift Ideas for Christmas

Are you stumped at what to get your child's teacher for Christmas?  As a teacher myself, I'll tell you that you can't go wrong with gift cards.  Over the past few years, my students and their parents have taken the time to know me.  Some of my favorite gifts from them have been gift cards from Starbucks or Disney.  If you know me at all, you know that I love anything from Disney.  ðŸ˜Š  Last week, I was blessed from a group of "Secret Santas" almost every day.  I wrote about it here.  It got me thinking as how I could bless my daughters' teachers this season.  Here are some easy, not over the top expensive ideas that I'm doing this year.

I decided that instead of just one gift to give the last day before break, that we would do little gifts throughout the 2 weeks.  We started yesterday with a small Christmas themed container that we got at the dollar store.  We filled it with Hershey Kisses and then added this note in the container.

On Sunday, I spent the afternoon doing all of my holiday baking.  I made Pizelle Cookies (a favorite that my mom used to make - you need a Pizelle Maker for these), our chocolate covered peanut butter cracker cookies (so easy and yummy), and then pretzel rods dipped in melted caramel and melted chocolate.  I bagged the Pizelles and the Preztel Rods seperately in treat bags that I had gotten from the dollar store.  On Friday, their teachers received a treat bag of either the Pretzel Rods or Pizelles.

Over the weekend and week I had the girls write out things that they loved about their teachers.  Once they were done, I recorded them reading their "letters" to their teachers in front of our Christmas Tree.  I then edited a short video that I uploaded to our YouTube page to send to their teachers.  This is something that I hope will be so meaningful, encouraging and...it was FREE!!!

On Monday and Wednesday they received more treats.  I had bought 2 Christmas themed "candy" dishes.  I used those to put the chocolate covered cookies on.  I got this recipe from a parent probably about 18 years ago.  It is so simple and delish!  Mia even helped me!  Take Ritz crackers and make peanut butter sandwiches with them (that was Mia's job).  Melt chocolate almond bark and then dip the crackers in the melted chocolate.  Place them on a tray with parchment paper and place them in the fridge to harden.  That's it!  So easy!




Friday's gift included a wrap around scarf that we got at Target, Christmas pencils (because what elemetary teacher can't use more pencils) and a glue stick (again, a need for the classroom) and stickers.



That's it!  I'm big on getting people gifts that I KNOW that they will enjoy or things that I KNOW that they could use.  For teachers, I try to get them supplies for their classroom whenever we get them gifts (expo markers, glue sticks, post its, hand sanitizer, pencils, stickers, paper clips, highlighters, tissues, etc.)  Not sure what they need?  Just ask!  I usually will send an email right before Teacher Appreciation Week and ask them what they are in need of for their classroom.  Like I said earlier, you can't go wrong with gift cards too.  ðŸ˜Š

No comments:

Post a Comment