The Romagnolo Family

The Romagnolo Family

Friday, December 2, 2016

Dear Secret Santas

Dear Secret Santas,



I know who a few of you are, but since I'm not sure of everyone that has been involved I thought that I would write you a letter in hope that you would get to read it someday.  If you only knew where I was emotionally at the beginning of this week, you would understand why my heart is so much lighter and overflowing today.

It's been a long few months.  The week before Thanksgiving break I went from working over 60 hours and barely seeing my children, to suddenly seeing them 24/7.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my children, but this mama was TIRED!  That week off wasn't enough.  I woke up on Monday morning bitter that I had to come to work. It wasn't because I don't like my job.  I absolutely LOVE my job.  I was just bitter that I had to work at all.  Ha!  Poor me, I know.  I was sick of having to make breakfast, lunch and dinner for 3 people every day.  I'm sick of not having time to clean and be organized or that when I am home I am just being too tired to do it.  

Usually once or twice a year I go through a little depression of sorts over my singleness.  I usually have a lot of questions for God like, "I know that you chose me to be Mia & Lyla's mommy, but why am I having to do it by myself?" or "How come so and so gets to be in a relationship but I don't?"  I always come back to my senses.  I would so much rather wait for the right man then hop from relationship to relationship.  Not only would the hopping damage my heart, but think of what it would do to my girls.  While I wait, I can model for my girls and for you what it means to be a strong, independent woman.  I can remind myself and you that our significance isn't found in relationships or being married.  Relationships don't complete us.  They compliment us.  There is only ONE that will complete us.  God obviously thinks that I can handle my life like it is, so I will continue to trust Him and try to grow through my journey.  

This was my mental state early in the week.  To say that I was in a funk is an understatement.  I mean, I haven't even been excited that we are going back to Disney in a few weeks.  You know that there is something wrong with me if that happens.  Ha!

Then out of nowhere, a friend offered to bring me dinner on Monday night.



The blessings continued because then every day the rest of the week little treats began appearing on my desk at school.  I have felt loved by students before, but I have never had this happen to me before in my almost 20 years of teaching.





Today, my heart is overflowing with joy and love because of you.  Thank you for your kindness and your servant's heart.  Thank you for loving and accepting me as the hot mess that I am.  Thank you for allowing yourselves to be used this week to bless me.  I am so humbled by your love and kindness this week.  I only hope and pray that my daughters will grow up to be just like you someday (oh and thank you for loving my girls too).  I am also praying that they will have a group of friends like you!

Be sure to thank your parents.  They have raised kids that have big hearts and kids that do not act like they are entitled.  We need more adults and kids like you in this world.  I'm so glad that you will be the leaders and role models for my children someday.  

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.  You have blessed this weary teacher this week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment