The Romagnolo Family

The Romagnolo Family

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

What's On the Menu?

     If you are a busy mom like me, you're probably always looking for something quick and easy to make that your family will love.  Well, I stumbled upon this recipe a few years ago.  I don't even know what it's called.  We just call it "Tortellini" in our house.  Why?  Because the main ingredient is...(wait for it)...tortellini!!!
     This recipe consists of 4 ingredients.  They are...your favorite kind of tortellini, 1 cup of heavy whipping cream, 1 cup of grated parmesan cheese and bacon bits.  I sometimes use tortellini with meat and sometimes I just use cheese tortellini.  It depends on my mood.  Tonight we used cheese tortellini.  Dinner was later tonight than planned and I was trying to get it all together fast, so I just kind of threw the items together for a picture and almost forgot the cheese.  😂  When I first started making this recipe, I used to chop up my bacon.  Now, I'm lazy and I use the bacon pieces.  Tonight I used a little over a 1/4 cup.

Ignore the essential oils in the background.


Boil your water and then cook the tortellini according to instructions.  While that is cooking, in a saucepan, combine the cream, cheese and bacon.  Heat thoroughly to let it thicken (but not boil).  Once you have drained your tortellini, then mix it together in a bowl with the sauce.  Serve with your favorite salad or vegetable.



Ta-Da!!!

    There you have it folks!  It's super quick and easy!  My girls LOVE it!  They beg me for it all the time.  In fact, that was Lyla's choice for her birthday dinner this year.  Tell me some of your favorite quick and easy meals.  I plan on sharing more ideas with you in the future.  I'm all about sharing and making the load easier for each other.  Why re-invent the wheel?  Until next time,

Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment