The Romagnolo Family

The Romagnolo Family

Monday, September 11, 2017

When You Are Overwhelmed With All Of It

     Hello everyone!  It has been WAY too long.  I came back from Princess Half Marathon and life just went full force.  Work went non-stop until summer vacation.  I thought I'd catch up with my blogging over the summer, but summer just flew by.  We went on a very long but fun road trip (more on that later).  I'm hoping to finally get back on track.
     Today I just wanted to talk about being overwhelmed.  Ever have those moments?  Can I get an Amen?  This weekend was one of them.  School has been non-stop since we started back.  I got spoiled over the summer of doing whatever we felt like, not having to cook for about 6 weeks, you know...just enjoying life.  Now we are back to juggling work, making meals, figuring out how to get my workouts and runs in, being a mom that is present, and so much more.  By this weekend I had just about had it.  I was done.  I'm over training for my next half marathon.  I was just over adulting.  I wanted my summer back.  It didn't help that I came home to my air conditioning not working and a few other not so fun things happening in our home this weekend.
     I ended up having a mini melt down Saturday morning.  They wouldn't come fix our air until Monday.  As I started to cry, I had to stop myself and say "Ann, there are so many families that lost their home in Hurricane Harvey.  You are complaining about not having air for a few days?  Suck it up and go by a few box fans."  So, I did.  It turns out that my unit was frozen and needed to defrost (on my carpet).  😄   I also had to apologize to my sweet girls because I did not have some good Mommy moments this weekend.  My pastor said yesterday, "Life is like a deck of cards.  We are going to have a good hand and we could have a bad hand.  What are you going to do with those cards that you are given?"  (I'm paraphrasing a little)  My cards were "meh" this weekend.  I could have played or handled things better.  I know that part of it was because I have been taking my relationship with God for granted.  "Hold on God!  I'll get back to you later."  I've been on auto-pilot and just coasting.  The problem is that I'm running on fumes.
     Just like in running, we need to make sure that we fuel ourselves properly, we also need to do that in our every day life.  Your way may look different from mine.  For me, it is sitting quietly at the feet of Jesus, pouring out my heart, and soaking in His Word.  My Sunday School class has been studying these verses the last two weeks:

Jeremiah 29:10-14New International Version (NIV)

10 This is what the Lord says: “When seventy years are completed for Babylon, I will come to you and fulfill my good promise to bring you back to this place.11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will callon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back from captivity.[a] I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile.”
I love verses 12 and 13, "Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.  You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." God never promises that life will be easy.  In fact the Israelites were in Babylon for 70 years.  We are all dealt a hand of cards.  What do you choose to do with those cards?  Am I still overwhelmed?  You betcha!  I am not on this journey alone though.  I have someone who wants me to pour my heart out to Him. If I seek Him, I will find Him.  Sometimes it is easier to see Him than other times.  For some reason God chose me to be my girls' mommy, even as a single woman.  I'll take one day at a time and focus on my true love.  Only He can help me get through those moments that I just want to bang my head against the wall.
   Life is full of ups and downs.  Tonight, I am going to focus on the One who loves me beyond reason, find joy in the little things and not focus on things that I can't control (like me turning 45 and having to use reading glasses now-SERIOUSLY...it happened over night!).  😂  Tomorrow is a new day.  If you are overwhelmed, take a moment to breathe.  One of my favorite authors taught me to start looking for "what's right with this picture."  What is one good thing that is happening in your life or one thing that you can be thankful for?   I know that in the midst of the storm it seems impossible.  Let Him carry you.  Don't walk through those moments/storms alone.
     I will be back soon to tell you about our fabulous 6 week road trip from the summer.  I am also getting ready for my 6th half marathon that is happening in two weeks.  I've signed up for the "Sky High Challenge" with the Plano Balloon Festival Races.  That means that I'll be running the 5K on Saturday and the Half Marathon on Sunday.  The part that I'm most looking forward is that this cutie will be running her second 5K with me on that Saturday!




Talk to you again soon!  Hugs!
Ann

2 comments:

  1. Ann- I think you are so brave to see where you can grow and especially how perspective helps in situations where your 'deck of cards' is not a great one. I admire you and consider you to be a strong person that your daughters and others can learn from

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you friend! I appreciate your friendship and support more than you know!

      Delete