The Romagnolo Family

The Romagnolo Family

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Week 8 - The Year of Change

     I am so excited to write this post!  Today I got on the scale, took my measurements (with the help of my special helper, Mia), took my “after” pictures, and did my last Body Combat workout (for awhile at least).  Ya’ll, I couldn’t believe it!  I have never taken before and after pictures.  I HIGHLY recommend it!  I could actually see a difference!!  I lost inches too…a total of 12.75 to be exact.  Here’s the break down:
Total Lost:
Chest:  1.5 “
Right Arm:  1 “
Left Arm: .75 “
Waist:  5”
Hips:  3”
Right Thigh:  1”
Left Thigh:  .5”

I must have worked harder on my right side.  Ha!  J  Here is the weight difference:




I am feeling great!  I have more energy and I am feeling a lot more confidence.  I owe it all to the wonderful group of ladies in my Challenge/Accountability Group that keep me going every day.  They are so encouraging.  Joining a Challenge Group was the best decision ever!  I thrive on accountability and support. 



     On Thursday of this week, I started the 21 Day Fix Extreme Program.  This is the newest program (a step up in intensity from 21 Day Fix) that Beachbody has come out with.  I am very excited!  Several ladies from our group, including my sister, are doing the 21 Day Fix program.  I also have several friends that have started it.  I wanted to be able to truly support my Challengers (especially my big sis) and I also wanted to make sure that I was eating properly.  I am enjoying it so far.  For those of you that are not familiar with this program.  It comes with a workout DVD with 8 different Extreme 30 minute workouts.  It also came with one set of color-coated containers (see the picture above).  Each container is a different size for portion control.

Green is for Veggies
Purple is for Fruit
Red is for Protein
Yellow is for Carbs
Blue is for the Healthy Fats (cheese, raw nuts, etc.)
Orange is for Seeds and Dressings

According to my calorie range, I am allowed (per day):
4 Greens
 3 Purples
 4 Reds
3 Yellows
1 Blue
1 Orange
I also get 4 tspn of oils and or nut butters

I was a little nervous at first.  There are some differences from what I was doing before.  For example, I can only use almond milk in my Shakeology twice a week.  When I do that, I substitute one of my yellow containers that day.  I had never had my Shakeo with water.  Luckily, it’s still just as good.  I will say that I am a fan of making them in the blender.  I even bought a travel size one for my travels this spring.  There are no cheats on this plan.  I’m gonna be honest though.  I am cheating on one thing…my morning cup of coffee.  You are only allowed one packet of Stevia and one teaspoon of almond milk (I’m assuming per cup).  I just can’t do it.  I can’t.  I will say that I have gone from two cups to one cup and 7-8 Splenda or Stevia packets  (don’t judge) to 4 Stevia and 1 Splenda.  I’m still using more than a tspn. of Almond Milk (I need a little caramel coloring).  I figure that this journey is about making healthier choices overall.  I figure that my one cup of coffee won’t throw everything off balance.  When I weighed myself on Tuesday morning I weighed 164 lbs.  This morning, I weighed 162.2.  Okay, I’ll stop whining about not having almond milk in my Shakeo anymore.  J   I can do it for 21 days.  I have been feeling full.  You are supposed to eat every 2 hours.  I try to do my best.  Sometimes it’s hard with my schedule at school, but I’m making it work!

Now, are you ready for the before and after picture?  I’m very nervous posting this for the world to see, but I want my journey to be an encouragement to others. 



     On Monday, I start a combo of Body Pump 3 days a week (MWF) & the 21 Day Fix Extreme Workouts the other 3.  I am excited and nervous.  I hear that the 21 DFX workouts are killers, but I’m gonna push through!  I know that Beachbody is phasing out the Les Mills programs (so if you want to try Body Pump or Body Combat, get it now before they are out!), but I have to get my weight lifting in.  I know that I can get it in through other workouts, but I love and miss my Body Pump classes so much.  Stay tuned next week for the next update.  It’s a busy 2 weeks at school before Spring Break.  I can do this!  J 





Have a Blessed Week!  Keep it Real and Stay with the Fight!!!

Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment