The Romagnolo Family

The Romagnolo Family

Monday, October 16, 2017

Confessions From A Mama Part 1

     Social Media can be a wonderful thing.  It's wonderful because you can catch up on all of your friends and families lives.  You can share in their joys and sometimes in their sorrows.  It can also not be very realistic.  Many times we see only the happy and it looks like we have it all together and have everything.
     Lest you think that the Romagnolo Family (especially me) has it all together, I am here today to assure you that we do not.  I am a hot mess and I'm going to prove it to you.  This is why today's post is called "Confessions From A Mama" (don't miss the part 1 of the title).  😃
     Yesterday was going to be a fantastic day.  It was "Generation Day" at our new church.  This meant that the kids choir, student choir and the adult choir were all going to be singing together during the morning service.  I was so excited to be singing with my girls right by my side.  This was something new and so special to us.



     I loved having them up there with me.  It was very special to me.  The girls loved it too.  The rest of the day was going to be amazing, right?  Wrong!  Right before we headed to the choir loft, one daughter told me that the other daughter had called me fat.  I know that I've gained some weight back (more on that coming soon), but to call me fat?  It actually didn't offend me too much, but I don't want her to think that it is ever okay to say things like that to others.
     We stopped by the grocery store on the way home from church to grab a few things.  One of my daughters got in trouble for her behavior in the store.  She got mad at me because she got in trouble and blamed it on her sister.  "She told me to do it!"  Yes my dear, but you CHOSE to do it.  It was Your CHOICE to do what you knew was wrong.  You can't blame others for your choices.
     We got home and I had to go to the bathroom.  I headed to my bathroom to find the door locked.  What?  My 7 year old had used my bathroom that morning because her sister was using theirs.  For whatever reason, she locked the door before she shut it.  AGH!!!!!!  I tried using tools to unlock it, but it wasn't working.  So I wouldn't pee in my pants (sorry), I ran to use their bathroom.  That's fine, except that someone had just used all the toilet paper and there was no more left.  Of course, we keep the extra toilet paper in my bathroom.  😂
     I am ashamed to say that I turned into psycho mom.  There was yelling.  Oh yeah, there was yelling.  I mean y'all, I went into full on freak out mode!  It was like I had been possessed.  Don't worry, no child was physically harmed.   I ended up having to take the entire knob off the door to get in my bathroom.  I'm so not a handy woman.  It's pitiful.
     I then had to lock myself in my room and put myself in timeout so that I could get a grip on life.  I immediately texted two of my good friends and spilled my guts.  I had just been telling myself the day before that I need to work on how I react to things that they do or tell me.  I was so ashamed of myself.  I blew that one right there.  Once I was calm, I went out and calmly spoke with them each individually.  I of course made sure that I apologized to them for how I had handled the situation. I am a firm believer that we need to model for our children the behavior that we want them to take on.  I used to think that my youngest would never apologize or own up to her mistakes.  Today, she will be the first one to apologize and acknowledge that she was wrong.  This is a HUGE answer to prayer!       I am blessed with two very sweet girls.  We are are so blessed and they make my heart so happy.  We DO NOT however have it all together.  I am a hot mess of a mama who is trying to work through her hot mess.  I am praying that God will fill in the gaps of my screw ups.  I am praying that my girls will remember more of the happy then the crazy.  Please stay tuned for more "Confessions From a Mama" as I share my heart with you and continue to grow on this crazy journey.  In a few days, I will be able to look back on this day and laugh.  I hope!

Until then,
Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment