The Romagnolo Family

The Romagnolo Family

Monday, March 9, 2015

Week 10: The Year of Change - Results and How to Travel and Still Be Healthy

     Woo-hoo!  Spring Break is finally here!  So is the last day of my 21 Day Fix Extreme.  I really enjoyed this plan.  I was never hungry (if I ate everything that I was allowed to eat).  Now, I did a few things different than the plan calls for.  One of them was that I couldn’t give up my coffee completely and I couldn’t drink it with only one Stevia and one tspn of Unsweetened Almond Milk.  I just couldn’t do it.  So, every day I drank my cup of coffee with 4 Stevias & 1 splenda along with more than 1 tspn of Unsweetened Almond Milk (no judging!)  J  I did go from two cups of coffee to one cup a day.  THAT is an accomplishment!  I also didn’t only do Autumn Calabrese’s workouts.  I did Les Mills' Body Pump 3 days a week and Autumn’s 21 Day Fix Extreme the other 4.  I think that made a difference because I was building my muscles back up over the 21 Days. 

     Well, the results are in.  Overall in inches I lost 3.75.  In pounds, I lost 3.  I was hoping to see a bigger difference, but muscle weighs more than fat.  I know that I’ll see an even bigger difference at the end of May.  If you look at the before pictures (taken in December when I started) to the 8 week mark and then today, you can see more definition in my back.  As my friend pointed out, we’re also starting to see some waist!  I’ll take that! 



The big thing is that I’m feeling a change and my girls are watching me exercise and make good choices in my eating.  They are even eating more fruits and veggies and love it when mommy exercises!! 


     Now, how do you travel and stay on the 21DFX?  It takes a lot of planning.  As you can see in the pictures below, I pre-packed our breakfast and lunch.  Here was what I packed for myself:


Breakfast:  Shakeology
Snacks: 2 slices of Ezekiel Bread with Almond Butter, Carrots, Fruit, & almonds
Lunch: Shakeology
Dinner:  Salmon, Broccoli, & Whole Grain Rice

I sectioned off the rice so that I wouldn't eat it all.

That was for the first day of road travel.  For dinner we ate at Denny’s.  I chose Denny’s for 2 reasons:  kids eat free (home girl is on a budget) and I found out that our hotel only offered breads, cereal and muffins for breakfast.  Our hotel room did have a fridge and microwave though.  So, at the end of our dinner I ordered egg whites with spinach and tomatoes to go and stuck them in the fridge in our room for breakfast.  Sunday’s menu was:



Breakfast:  Eggs from Denny’s & Ezekiel Toast with Peanut Butter
Snacks: Ezekiel Bread with Almond Butter, Fruit
Lunch:  Shakeology
Dinner:  Salad, Whole Wheat Pasta, & Dad’s Famous Meatballs (yummy!)

This was actually lunch on Monday (dad's meatballs with sweet potato).

The girls’ bags (I made one for day 1 of travel and one for day 2 of travel) had 2 snack bags of Honey Nut Cheerios & Cinnamon Squares, mini Blueberry Muffins, Homemade Almond Butter Crackers, & Organic Squeezable Fruit from Aldi.  I also had fruit that I packed in our cooler bag for them.  We ended up using the Day 1 bag over two days of travel.  J  For lunch, I had made them Peanut Butter and Nutella Sandwiches.  My dad and I went to the store when we got in and I was able to choose healthy options for our stay here (chicken, sweet potatoes, veggies and fruit). 


            Tomorrow, we head to Disney.  Woo-hoo!  If you don’t know me that well, I am OBSESSED with Disney!  I plan on doing a quick 30 minute workout in the morning before we leave and then drinking my Shakeology.  By the way…I did the Yoga Fit Extreme from 21DFX at the hotel on Sunday morning and then I did the Plyo Fit Extreme this morning.  



We have a late breakfast/early lunch reservation at O’Hana’s and then we’re on our own.  My goal is to have at least one of my meals be a healthy choice each day.  I also plan on still drinking my Shakeology once a day.  Since it’s Disney, I do plan on having my Dole Whip and some other fun dessert while we’re there.  I’ll keep you posted on all of the good (and the bad) choices that I make.  J  Ha!!  Stay tuned for more!


Dinner one night this past week.  Rotisserie Chicken, green beans, & sweet potato with a dab of peanut butter.
Kid approved!!!


Breakfast on our snow day last week: French Toast & Scrambled Eggs.
All 21 DFX approved!




Have a great week!


Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment