The Romagnolo Family

The Romagnolo Family

Tuesday, January 30, 2018

2018 WDW Marathon Weekend 10K

Friday, January 5th started out just as cold as the 5K.  This time, I was a little more prepared for the cold.  I was in MANY layers!  A huge thank you to my friend Angie for bringing me some hot hands!  They saved my fingers and even feet.  For this race a group of us decided to dress as the characters from the movie, Inside Out.





The 10K course was a little different from the 5K course.  I like the 10K course because we get to run on the boardwalk early in the morning.  


The first 3-4 miles aren't in a park, but Disney makes up for it by having characters along the road.  We made sure to stop for the Wicked Queen.  This was a different race experience for me because I walked all 3 races this time around so that I could hang with my friends that weren't running.  While they don't time you for the 5K, they do time you for the 10K.  


We didn't stop for many characters on the course because we didn't want to get swept off the course by the Balloon Ladies.  We made great memories though and we got great pictures from the PhotoPass Photographers.


















I've learned after my first two runDisney races that doing these races (actually any races) with friends makes it so much more fun!  It doesn't matter if you are running or have to walk.  I had so much fun with these ladies.  I loved that we all crossed the finish line together.  The course takes us into World Showcase by Mexico and then back out by the International Gateway.  We passed by Rapunzel and Flynn Rider in italy.  Well, we waited in line for them, but the line was too long and not moving that fast.  While we were in line we heard that the Balloon Ladies and just crossed the 5K, so we had to keep moving.  This princess was very sad, but it's all good.  When we left Epcot, we got to run on the Boardwalk.  We re-entered World Showcase by UK.  The course then took us through the rest of World Showcase up to Spaceship Earth and then to the finish line.  I love running through the parks.  It's so fun to see the Cast Members out there cheering for us.  It was super cold too, but they were out there.

After the race, I had to go straight to the buses to head back to my resort.  I had to go get me and my girls ready for the Kids Races.  Overall, I really enjoyed the 10K.  I loved our costumes too.  Watch for my next blog with a recap on the Kids Races.  You can also see a video recap of the 10K here.

No comments:

Post a Comment